Answers to artists’ frequently asked questions.
Contact us anytime with more questions.
The Forge Urban Winery
- The Forge address is:
210 E 7th Ave, Homestead, PA 15120
(near The Waterfront in Pittsburgh, PA)
- The Forge Urban Winery has an excellent sound system and stage, one of the best around. It is also possible to bring your own amps, etc. It is highly recommended to visit The Forge Urban Winery at least once before your event to scout the venue and ask questions in-person.
- The Forge has an excellent sound system with two monitors, two subwoofers, two main speakers, 4 wireless mics, 3 mic stands, house drums, house piano, and house guitars.
- The Forge is technically a winery that also serves food, and there is no age restriction at The Forge.
- The Forge currently has a house drum set. Your drummer should come at least 1-day before the event to scout the drum set. It’s up to you if you want to use the house drums or bring your own drums.
- Typically sound engineering is done collaboratively and/or by volunteers. If you have expertise in this area or know someone that would like to help, please let us know.
- There is plenty of free and affordable parking near The Forge including on-street parking and nearby parking lots.
- There is no age requirement for the venue, but the content is unrated.
MOPCON – musicofpittsburgh.com/mopcon
- MOPCON is a music convention similar to a comic book convention or electronics convention.
- All music lovers are invited to participate as able.
- No fee for participants, but we will have a reasonably priced ticket for other attendees and a reasonably priced vendor fee.
- Participants will all work together to promote the event to friends, family, and community, and to sell tickets for the event.
Ladies Got Talent – ladiesgottalent.com
- Ladies Got Talent is planned for the first Friday of every month.
- Ladies pre-registered for the primary spots will be eligible to sell tickets and earn money from those tickets.
- One special lady will be chosen as “The Most Talented” of the night. The winner will receive the glory and honor, a prize from The Forge, and a winner’s certificate.
- The open stage spots will be granted first-come-first-serve, and the open stage participants can opt-in to the contest as well.
- The open stage participants do not share in the ticket sales.
THE FORGE GOT TALENT – forgegottalent.com
- THE FORGE GOT TALENT is planned for the last Saturday of every month. Holiday exceptions may occur.
- THE FORGE GOT TALENT is a celebration of original material. No cover songs at this event.
- The performance order is determined at the start of the event.
- 10 songwriters will be invited to join each instance of THE FORGE GOT TALENT.
- Every songwriter will be given 10 paper tickets to sell.
- Songwriters keep 100% of your ticket sales;
this is your full payment for the event.
- 2 songwriters will perform every hour, so that means your set time is approximately 20-minutes, allowing 10-minutes changeover to the next artist.
- The audience will choose the winner at the end of the show, approximately midnight.
- The winner will be chosen by cheering volume.
- The songwriter must be present to win.
- The prizes will include a winner’s award-certificate and a gift certificate. Additional prizes may be added based on availability.
The SUTE Party – suteparty.com
- The SUTE Party is planned for the third Saturday of every month.
- SUTE stands for “Stay Until The End”. This event was designed to encourage music family togetherness, so we request and strongly encourage all performers to come early and stay until the end. There will be prizes at the end of the event, and one of the prizes is likely to be a well-paid gig at The Forge.
- You can play covers or originals at SUTE, and we are excited to hear your originals. Play whatever you feel is most appropriate for the party.
- Open auditions are held Saturdays from 4 PM to 6 PM at The Forge. This event is sometimes called Songwriters Stage, but all talents are welcome to audition for shows and events.
- First come is first signed up.
- Time allotted is determined by the number that sign up.
- It is commonly 15-minutes.
- All talents are welcome.
- All genres and musical instruments are welcome.
- Bands, duos, trios, and soloists are all welcome. If you bring a band, we suggest arriving early to help with setup.
- Participation in an audition does not guarantee you will be asked to perform at a show or event.
- Facebook is our preferred method of communication when preparing for events. As much as possible, all performers should have a Facebook account and regularly check the event chat for important information.
- We recognize the importance of having a band manager, and we are happy to work with a band manager, but please understand it is important for us to also have a direct communication channel with the band, and we strongly encourage band members to join the event chats.
- For ticketed events (except FORGE GOT TALENT), we will plan to print paper tickets for performers to sell and performers keep 100% of your printed ticket sales as your payment. This is your full payment for the event.
- Because we are at The Forge nearly every Saturday afternoon from 2 PM to 6 PM, this is the ideal time to come pick up your tickets. We’re commonly at The Forge on Friday nights too, and we can likely accommodate earlier or later on Saturdays too. Just check with us in advance, and please let us know 1-3 days before, so we can get your tickets printed. Additionally, we want to meet with you before the event, and we want you to have the chance to scout the venue, so coming to The Forge on a Saturday afternoon is the really best option. If visiting The Forge on a Saturday afternoon before your event is not possible, we can accommodate other options, but visiting The Forge is strongly preferred. If you want us to mail the tickets, we’ll first need to receive an electronic payment of $5 for shipping and handling.
- We will plan to use paper wristbands to confirm ticket purchase. We may also use a hand stamp.
- Plan to come at least 1-week before the event to scout the venue and meet with us in-person.
- Plan to arrive at least 2-hours before the show.
- Standard load-in options include bringing your equipment in through the main door and storing it in the back room. The main hallway and edge of the dance floor can also be used to store equipment. Additionally there is a small entry room through a “secret” door that we can use if needed.
- We hold various skill-based contests at our events.
- Many are pre-planned, but some are spontaneous, but in nearly every case, the audience has chosen the winner.
- We plan to continue this method using audience judging via audience paper voting, audience cheering, or another form of audience judging.
- Cheering volume is measured by a hand-held digital sound meter. We also have a large, red-digit display sound meter for an audience visual aid. The official meter that determines the winner is the hand-held meter.
- For events such as THE FORGE GOT TALENT, Ladies Got Talent, and The SUTE Party, contestants have normally been pre-selected by our judges at an audition or a field-screening.
- Flexibility and exceptions may occur. Our events and contests often utilize the elements of excitement, spontaneity, and surprise.